- The closer the bird is to the surface of the water, the firmer and more inelastic is the uplift of the rising air. The bird appears to almost feel the surface with the tip of its weather wing.
- Lawrence Hargrave
- That’s one of the reasons I moved to Florida. Of course, the main reason is the weather and the training. But there’s more jealousy in Switzerland because it’s so little and they don’t have so many athletes.
- Martina Hingis
- Around the property I have here, I’m about to put an all weather race track. I’m about to build stables. I’m about to ship over a couple of my thoroughbreds from England.
- Davy Jones
- I represent Orlando, Florida, the world’s number one vacation destination.
- Ric Keller
- Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders.
- Ronald Reagan
- I can enjoy a vacation as well as the next person, as long as I know it’s a vacation and not a premature retirement.
- Mary Crosby
- The travel and tourism industry, it’s just a huge part of our economy.
- Karen Hughes
- Cultural tourism surveys consistently rate San Francisco’s art industry as a core reason for visiting.
- Gavin Newsom
- Tourism is our second biggest industry in terms of the people it employs.
- Ed Rendell
- There are lots of people in the world who do have the advantage of going to a good drama school and just decide that they want to be actors. There’s nothing wrong with an untrained actor; they have to get their training somehow, they have to learn.
- Erika Slezak
- Jamestown changed the world in many ways, but perhaps it shaped our nation most profoundly the day Africans arrived. I can’t think of a more relevant place to talk about the issues facing our community today than the place where African culture became American culture.
- Tavis Smiley
- Every man who has a calling to minister to the inhabitants of the world was ordained to that very purpose in the Grand Council of heaven before this world was. I suppose I was ordained to this very office in that Grand Council.
- Joseph Smith, Jr.
- It’s a very telling thing when you have children. You have to be there for them, you’ve got to set an example, when you’re not sure what your example is, and anyway the world is changing so fast you don’t know what is appropriate anymore.
- Annie Lennox
- The United States, per capita, at a certain period in its history, had the most junkies of any country ever in the world – right after the Civil War. The most brutal war, the greatest amount of casualties that America’s ever had.
- Al Lewis
- If you had to point to one thing that made it less likely that the Red Sox would win the World Series, I would say it was those people that go to Fenway Park to watch the games. And then the media around it.
- Michael Lewis
- There are things I am more interested in than the clone thing. How are they trying to find their place in the world and make sense of their lives? To what extent can they transcend their fate? As time starts to run out, what are the things that really matter?
- Kazuo Ishiguro
- Individuality is founded in feeling; and the recesses of feeling, the darker, blinder strata of character, are the only places in the world in which we catch real fact in the making, and directly perceive how events happen, and how work is actually done.
- William James
- So the Negro race has continued, and today is the day of the Negro as far as the world is concerned. They have influenced the generations of time; they have mixed their blood with many peoples, until there are many peoples not able to hold the priesthood.
- Warren Jeffs
- Its highest point was The Worst Journey in the World. Then you see this decline, and this harking back, using the 19th-century form when we’re not in the 19th century. That way of writing a book about the world out there – you just can’t do it anymore.
- Robyn Davidson
- I got problems. I freak out, go to a shrink, go through all kinds of therapy and stuff, but I’m learning how to deal with it. That’s why I’ve chosen one hour a night to get all of my aggressions out. to really tell the world the way I feel.
- Jonathan Davis
- Ever since I could first write I have been doing so. When I was taught how to write and read at school, I made up my mind that this was what I love to do best and this was the world I was going to occupy.
- Anita Desai
- We should be therefore supporting a larger Europe, and in so doing we should strive to expand the zone of peace and prosperity in the world which is the necessary foundation for a stable international system in which our leadership could be fruitfully exercised.
- Zbigniew Brzezinski
- They don’t know how the world is shaped. And so they give it a shape, and try to make everything fit it. They separate the right from the left, the man from the woman, the plant from the animal, the sun from the moon. They only want to count to two.
- Emma Bull
- Those who have wrought great changes in the world never succeeded by gaining over chiefs; but always by exciting the multitude. The first is the resource of intrigue and produces only secondary results, the second is the resort of genius and transforms the universe.
- Martin Van Buren