- The closer the bird is to the surface of the water, the firmer and more inelastic is the uplift of the rising air. The bird appears to almost feel the surface with the tip of its weather wing.
- Lawrence Hargrave
- That’s one of the reasons I moved to Florida. Of course, the main reason is the weather and the training. But there’s more jealousy in Switzerland because it’s so little and they don’t have so many athletes.
- Martina Hingis
- Around the property I have here, I’m about to put an all weather race track. I’m about to build stables. I’m about to ship over a couple of my thoroughbreds from England.
- Davy Jones
- Even at its most perceptive, sociology deals in abstractions.
- Richard Russo
- Anyway, that was the germ of the idea and of course… you know this was early days of sociology and whatever, especially on television.
- Michael Apted
- The creative act is not pure. History evidences it. Sociology extracts it. The writer loses Eden, writes to be read and comes to realize that he is answerable.
- Nadine Gordimer
Incoming search terms:
- mathematics quotations
- mathematical quotations sayings
- My vision is to have an independent Kosovo, democratic, with a politically tolerant society and with a solid economy, integrated into the EU, the NATO and to continue with our good relations with the USA.
- Ibrahim Rugova
- When a nation goes down, or a society perishes, one condition may always be found; they forgot where they came from. They lost sight of what had brought them along.
- Carl Sandburg
- Society has to change, but the political powers we have at the moment are not enough to effect this change. The whole democratic system would have to be rethought.
- Jose Saramago
- I must confess I took a couple or three jobs just for the money.
- Jessica Walter
- One out of three jobs in Washington is tied to trade.
- Larry Williams
- Because the truth is, today’s immigrants, as they have for generation after generation, work the longest hours at the hardest jobs for the lowest pay, jobs that are just about impossible to fill.
- Luis Gutierrez
I am often amazed at how much more capability and enthusiasm for science there is among elementary school youngsters than among college students.
Form your life humanly, and you have done enough: but you will never reach the height of art and the depth of science without something divine.
Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel
I think if I’m going to do a science fiction, I’m going to go down a new path that I want to do.
- In your hands or that of any other person, so much power would, no doubt, be dangerous. I am the only man in the world whom it would be safe to trust with it. Remember, I am a prophet!
- Joseph Smith, Jr.
- I broke down on Thursday, Nov. 3, and told Sheriff Howard Wells the truth. It wasn’t easy, but after the truth was out, I felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders.
- Susan Smith
- A great deal of talent is lost to the world for want of a little courage. Every day sends to their graves obscure men whose timidity prevented them from making a first effort.
- Sydney Smith
- The smartest thing we can do to create high-wage jobs and grow our economy is to keep our focus on education.
- Bill Richardson
- At The Body Shop we had always been measured by how many jobs we had created, and I got a major award from the Queen on that.
- Anita Roddick
- Reforming the way the state works with businesses and providing incentives for employers will help preserve and create new jobs in Massachusetts.
- Mitt Romney
- People who identify themselves as conservatives donate money to charity more often than people who identify themselves as liberals. They donate more money and a higher percentage of their incomes.
- Thomas Sowell
- Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.
- Mother Teresa
- Remember that government doesn’t earn one single dollar it spends. In order for you to get money from the government, that money must first be taken from somebody else.
- Jesse Ventura